Information, Advice & Assistance Services
What is Information, Advice & Assistance?
Information - prompt and accurate information to enable an individual to make an informed choice about their wellbeing.
Advice – working jointly with the individual to discuss what is important to them and what they want to achieve; considering options and reaching agreement on the way forward through a proportionate assessment.
Assistance – ensuring action is taken that will assist the individual to access appropriate care and support, or support in the case of a carer.
Examples of what this covers:
- Provide information on how the care and support system operates (including the range of preventatives services), both locally and across Wales.
- Provide information on how individuals can gain access to these services and support mechanisms.
- Provide information on how individuals can raise concerns about themselves or others who appear to have a need for care and support, or support in the case of a carer.
- Provide IAA on Housing related issues e.g. getting help at home, residential/nursing care, grants, housing adaptations, repairs, access to accommodation, prevent homelessness etc.
- Provide IAA on Financial Information e.g. benefits, direct payments, money issues etc.
- Provide IAA on Citizens’ rights, entitlements and available support.
- Provide IAA on the range of support, preventative and advocacy services available across the ABUHB area.
We can offer Information, Advice and Assistance by:
- Telephone support: 01633 810 718 / 01873 858 275 (office hours only)
- Face to face appointments: we offer appointments in Abergavenny, Chepstow, Caldicot and Monmouth. Call us to book an appointment.