Young Persons’ Resilience Project
We are working in the four comprehensive schools in Monmouthshire:
King Henry VIII school
We are raising mental health awareness and building resilience in young people aged 11-18 years old. In each of these schools we offer self-management courses for all year groups:
- Manage Your Mind – An overall look at the types of things possibly affecting your mental health and how you can keep your mind as healthy as possible. Over 2 sessions.
- Lifting Low Mood – The course focuses on giving skills to be able to take practical steps to improving mood. Over 4 sessions.
- Anxiety Management – Many young people say that anxiety plays a large part in their life, from general worries and stresses to being anxious about leaving the house. This course helps young people to understand what anxiety is and gives strategies to cope with anxiety. Over 4 sessions.
- Valuing Me – This courses focuses on understanding what self-esteem and how low self-esteem develops, as well as providing strategies and resources to help improve self-esteem and confidence. Over 2 sessions.
- Understanding Anger – This course helps people to understand what causes anger, what effects it has and better ways to cope with it. Over 3 sessions.
We also offer a professionals training course for teachers and school staff.
In addition to the courses, we are regularly going into schools and run ‘drop-in sessions’ for pupils, where they can pop in to talk to us about any problems they are having with their mental health.
One-to-one transition support for 14-25 year olds and this is part of the Changing Minds project, run by Newport Mind.
We offer young people going through a transition, 12 weeks’ worth of focused support. This gives young people the opportunity to talk through mental health difficulties they are having, what they want to work on and how to cope with and change these things.
Young people also have the opportunity to receive peer support from other young people who have been through mental health difficulties.
If you would like further information on the projects or to discuss any of the above please do not hesitie to contact us:
By Email: email@example.com
By post: Henton House, 28 Monk Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 5NP
By phone: 01873 858275